Boost your creativity and design lessons which are engaging, fun and effective!
Warnborough College offers teachers of English as a Foreign Language (EFL) a unique programme that challenges their own boundaries. Over 2 weeks, teachers will look at effective tools and techniques for teaching grammar, vocabulary, and language concepts, to non-native English speakers.
The programme is designed to be both fun and educational. Teachers will leave with a more in-depth appreciation of the English language and how to teach it, while enjoying beautiful Canterbury and the English culture.
Our teaching approach is interactive and lively, with many opportunities for teamwork and leadership exercises. Teachers will have the chance to observe classes, design lessons, discuss current issues, debate trends, and go on excursions.
Some of the highlights include:
- How to effectively ‘sell’ English to your target audience
- How to command attention and generate interest from the first lesson
- Creativity – where does it come from? Using creativity to stimulate learning
- Unusual grammar practice ideas – inspirational and unusual grammar in use
- Language games and practice activities to make learning fun
- Drama, role play and simulation – how to create interactive learning
- Great ways to exploit your course book
- Creative approaches to songs and music and how to make them work for you
- Identifying and creating your own materials
This programme is ideal for anyone from potential teachers to experienced practitioners who want to add to their arsenal of classroom techniques, receive feedback from other professionals, and enrich their own creativity. Also, non-native English speakers who teach English overseas will find this programme invaluable to enhance their knowledge and effectiveness.
How You Will Learn
Activities will be scheduled from Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Lessons may incorporate lectures, seminars, workshops, site visits/excursions and project work including teaching practice.
What is Included:
- Welcome Pack
- Airport Transfers (Return)
- Accommodation (single room)
- All relevant study materials and Portfolio Pack
- Canterbury City Tour
- Training, Leadership and Team-building workshops
- Learning Activities
- Farewell Dinner Party
- Certificate of Completion
(Fees are not included. Please let us know if you want to add optional activities to this course.)
- Trip to City of London with walking guide
- Trip to Dover and Dover Castle
- Trip to Faversham & Shepherd Neame Britain’s Oldest Brewer (Kentish Ale/Apple Cider/Asahi Super Dry)
- Canterbury Escape Room – Canterbury’s Medieval Escape Room (Game Attraction)
- Canterbury in the Towers at the Pound
- Trip to university town of Cambridge (or Oxford)
- Trip to seaside town of Brighton
- Canterbury Marlowe Theatre (or London West End) show tickets
- Lunch/Dinner/Picnic/BBQ Party
- Badminton/Cinema/Pub night/Quiz night/Bingo/Board Game
- Local events (e.g. Oyster Festival, Food festival, Music Event, etc.)
*Other Optional Extra Activities will be explained to you when you arrive. Alternatively, you can ask us for specific requests.
We will happily customise the programme to suit your institution’s needs. If there are areas you would like your teachers to focus on, please let us know. We can work with you to design the programme.
Before applying to study an English course with us, please make sure that you understand the different international student visa requirements for the UK, and what options are available to you.
Non-EU participants who need visa letters must pay the full fee upfront at least one (1) week after the booking date in order to allow time for visa-processing. You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the date of travel to the UK. We will process your ‘Confirmation of Acceptance and Visa Letter when we have received your full payment.
Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Participants MUST take out their own insurance before coming on the course.