Boost your creativity and design lessons which are engaging, fun and effective!
Warnborough College offers teachers of English as a Foreign Language (EFL) a unique programme that challenges their own boundaries. Over 2 weeks, teachers will look at effective tools and techniques for teaching grammar, vocabulary, and language concepts, to non-native English speakers.
The programme is designed to be both fun and educational. Teachers will leave with a more in-depth appreciation of the English language and how to teach it, while enjoying beautiful Canterbury and the English culture.
Our teaching approach is interactive and lively, with many opportunities for teamwork and leadership exercises. Teachers will have the chance to observe classes, design lessons, discuss current issues, debate trends, and go on excursions.
Some of the highlights include:
- How to effectively ‘sell’ English to your target audience
- How to command attention and generate interest from the first lesson
- Creativity – where does it come from? Using creativity to stimulate learning
- Unusual grammar practice ideas – inspirational and unusual grammar in use
- Language games and practice activities to make learning fun
- Drama, role play and simulation – how to create interactive learning
- Great ways to exploit your course book
- Creative approaches to songs and music and how to make them work for you
- Identifying and creating your own materials
This programme is ideal for anyone from potential teachers to experienced practitioners who want to add to their arsenal of classroom techniques, receive feedback from other professionals, and enrich their own creativity. Also, non-native English speakers who teach English overseas will find this programme invaluable to enhance their knowledge and effectiveness.
How You Will Learn
Activities will be scheduled from Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Lessons may incorporate lectures, seminars, workshops, site visits/excursions and project work including teaching practice.
What is Included:
- Welcome Pack
- Airport Transfers (Return)
- Accommodation (single room)
- All relevant study materials and Portfolio Pack
- 2 Days of Excursions
- Training, Leadership and Team-building workshops
- Learning Activities
- Farewell Dinner Party
- Certificate of Completion
We will happily customise the programme to suit your institution’s needs. If there are areas you would like your teachers to focus on, please let us know. We can work with you to design the programme.
We require a minimum of 6 participants in the group (maximum size is 30 participants). All bookings require 10% of fees as a non-refundable deposit.
The balance of fees are due three (3) weeks before the start date. We will not be able to guarantee accommodation and other criteria if this condition is not met. Non-EU participants who need visa letters must pay the full fee upfront at least 6 weeks before the start date in order to allow time for visa-processing.